Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day - Part 2...and A Tutorial

Valentine's Day, as I mentioned on my last post, was quite a day for the Crosby household. In review, for the first part of the day, I made Trevor heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast and he was super excited, as seen on my last post, found here. But....

I had the opportunity to surprise him since he had to work that day. So, I built him a fort!!! I know, we're like, five years old. But seriously, who DOESN'T love forts!?! Come on...

Anyways, the fort was really simple to build and I was able to use supplies that I had around the house. I'll give the tutorial after I tell the rest of the day :)

So he got home, roses and chocolate in hand (and I know you're thinking...WOW, cliche. But he's never gotten me chocolate and red roses before so I think that's allowed...once!) and I made him close is eyes and led him into the living room where the fort was.


My favorites chocolates!


I spread candles and decorations all over the coffee table and had his card and his other present sitting there waiting for him.


Yes, I will be posting a tutorial on the yard bottles featured in this picture. Soon, my friends, very soon!

Trevor's other present. I know, I'm so adorable. Ha!

Even Millie loved the fort!


Once I showed him, we got dinner going. The menu:

Ugly Steaks from a local Deli
Fresh Asparagus, grilled with butter and garlic salt, then topped with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Grilled "Baked" Potatoes
Lemonade with heart shaped Ice Cubes


 All I did for the red ice cubes is take a little Lemonade and add red food coloring and poured that into the heart ice cube trays.


The food was delicious, the lemonade was awesome and then we got into our jammies and crawled into the fort for the rest of the evening. We grabbed Trevor's iPad and watched one of our favorite shows, Psych, and relaxed. It was perfect. And cheaper than going out! Score.


View from the Fort.

Happy couple. :)

ALRIGHT! The fort idea came from...you'll never guess....Pinterest...from another blog, found here. They do an awesome job of explaining how to built the fort. But essentially you will need:

Hooks
Rope or Broom Stick
Large sheets, Blankets, or large pieces of fabric
Pillows
Decorations
String
Straight Pins
Safety Pins
Thumb Tacs

How I did mine:

I used those screw in hooks and placed two in the ceiling. I took a rope and tied it between the two hooks with the access hanging behind the fort. Then I took two large sheets and draped them over the rope; one on each side of the rope. I used some straight pins to secure the sheets to the rope. Then I took some string, safety pins and thumb tacs and opened up the sides of the fort. Fill with blankets and pillows, decorate and that's it!

(I realize that my explanation is not great, but I would visit the original blog and maybe mine will make a little more sense. I also realize that my pictures of the actual fort kinda stink. That's because my husband tore it down before I could capture awesome pictures to post. Learning curve.)

I hope all of you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment