Popular Posts

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blog.

Hello! Welcome to my new blog. First post!! WOOT. This blog has been a long time in the making, and I wanted to begin with why I wanted to begin a blog in the first place, and reflect on all the things that occured in the year of 2011. Lets start at the beginning...

Well, this year began with New Years, obviously, at a friend's house, where we have spent the last three New Years Eves (is that a proper word??).

This is the annual shot of me and Trevor right at midnight...when we were just boyfriend and girlfriend. That's weird to say. And Trevor looks a little silly.
Anyways...next, there was a wedding. One of my best friends from high school and Trevor's brother got married on January 8th. The wedding was great and very chic and lovely. Here's the lovely couple and the girls :)


Trevor and I were able to take a trip to Hoover Dam, Death Valley and Las Vegas in February...





Next thing I know on March 12...I had a sparkley rock on my finger. And this is how Trevor proposed...




We set a date: June 25, 2011. Engagement shoot was awesome...




We had lots of planning to do...obviously. There was about three and a half months from engagement to ceremony. And as a full time student at the University of Arizona, it only made sense that I make EVERYTHING for the wedding....right. I made the bridesmaids dresses and the necklaces they're all wearing...
And broke my iron while making the dresses...


Made my garters and the ring bearer pillow...



Hand drew our Guest "Book" Tree...


All of the decorations I bought, made, painted, etc. 




Made all the bouquets myself (with a little help from family)...


And then....they were one. 



As if getting engaged and married within three months wasn't enough, on June 27 (two days after the wedding), we became home owners. The Lord blessed us with an awesome 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house that's 1491 sq. ft. and at a killer deal. So totally worth it in stead of renting. Yay for investments!


Then, on September 5, we became parents. Our first little red-headed girl, Millie. 



She is a very silly little puppy, with little tiger stripes.



In November, I turned 21. First official drink and new license! Wooooooot. 


Sorry for my photo-bombing husband in the back. Anyways...a couple days later, we took a mini honeymoon to Flagstaff, AZ and the Grand Canyon since we couldn't take one right after the wedding. 


(I just also have to say that I am very grateful for my husband, who is a full time, professional photographer. Because I get really awesome shots like the one above. Check him out at trevorcrosby.com
And we got to see snow!! Us Tucsonan folk don't get to see snow all that often.

 




About a month later, on December 17, I graduated from the U of A with a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies and Classics. 


And then Christmas and New Years....WHAT A YEAR!! I can't believe all the things that I got to do this year. God has blessed us greatly this year. My family is convinced that there can't be much else that I could have done...accept pop out an actual kid, but even still I only have 6 months of marriage under my belt! So, that would not be very likely. But, there's always 2012!! (don't tell me husband I said that!) 

Well, this blog almost got started during the wedding planning process to document everything that I was doing, but planning a wedding and going to summer school was enough stress. Therefore, this is my New Year's Resolution. This way, I can write tutorials, about married life, photography, and anything else that I want! Now that I am not in school, not working (accept for my Premier Jewelry Business) and still am without children. This is the perfect chance to start blogging and I am taking advantage of it! So, I hope you join me on this journey as I write it. Thanks for coming by!! 


The Crosby Family 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment